Saturday, June 11, 2011

Trollface

Got some Razorbacks and Chimeras for my Grey Knights. I need four Venerable Dreadnought kits, two more Razorbacks and a slew of Power Armoured Grey Knights to complete them for now. Unfortunately, this won't happen for a while - until I dig myself out of the poor student house or Games Workshop unfucks their customers.

However, I did just pick up a Trollblood warpack from a relatively local shop.I already had some Menoth stuff, a Cygnar battlegroup and a large Retribution army - but these guys are something else all together. Each model in the Trollbloods faction is essentially Trollfacing their opponent. I played a battlegroup game against my woman-friend, and these guys are tough! They are much more forgiving than my Retribution army because of how defensive they can play, which means I get to keep more models on the table. The Axer that comes in the warpack is pretty much equal to the Cygnar Ironclad in melee, which really tied up Haley (little side note, my girlfriend's name is Haley, Cygnar has a caster named Haley, win for all) in combat. I didn't even need to pop Mordrak's feat because of he awesome spell list.

So I'm going to play a few games with half of a proxied Grey Knights army, and start playing Hordes/Warmachine at a not so local hobby store. It takes me about an hour to get there via transit, but the next closes one is just as far and less accessible and the third lack space and air conditioning it would seem. Hopefully I'll be able to expand on this army because the character of the Trollbloods is just hilarious. Something awesome about my first game with the Trolls saw one of my impalers pushing back a Charger six inches and effectively shutting down that Warjack for the rest of the game because of how difficult it had become to hit the rest of my warpack. I love these guys so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment