Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Delicious terrain?

After Father's Day, I had some giant lobster shells that I figured I would try to use to make some Tyranid terrain. I got the idea from The Eternal Warriors when Dan mentioned the use of lobster shells for terrain.

So after boiling the shell remnants in 50/50 water and vinegar for about 2-3 hours, I let them dry out for a few days which resulted in this:





Now comes the actual difficult part. These guys need to be mounted onto some sort of base and they need some extra structure. Enter the culprits:





I e-mailed Dan from TEW to see if he had any advice on preserving the shells, and he said to fill them with Great Stuff for a little extra structual integrity. So later tonight I'll be varnishing the shells and mounting them onto whatever bases I deem jawesome. So exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment