Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bonerhordes

I play a sweet game against my lady friend today. 15 points of Warmachine with Retribution vs. Cygnar! Haley used eHaley (ahahahaha) and the battlebox with a Journeyman Warcaster that had the Charger attached to it. Thus:

Major Victoria Haley
Ironclad
Lancer
Journeyman Warcaster
Charger

I used Rahn, the dirtiest playa in the game with a more unit heavy list.

Adeptis Rahn Shyeel
Pheonix
House Shyeel Battle Mages
House Shyeel Magister
Houseguard Halberdiers

Unfortunately, Haley is really good at rolling and totally rocked my Mages and Halberdiers. The Ironclad literally took down my Pheonix with back strikes (butt rape) and all that was left was two Mages, the Magister and Rahn. The Halberdiers work as an excellent tarpit, but they definitely need to be maxed out with the Unit Attachment.

However! This Saturday we're probably playing some Axis and Allies at Ilhan's and Taylor wanted to try out a little Warmachine. He took a liking to Cryx - despite their Necron-esque-ism (what) - so we're proxying models for him and my plan to slowly get the group into WarmaHordes is in gear. I don't know what I'll play against in, but I'll probably take my Trolls once their complete. I figure two starter sets facing off would be a pretty good intro to Privateer Press' deliciousness. Here's to hoping it takes off with the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment