Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GW reams the rest of the world!

So a recent average price increase of 22% and cutting off sales from UK-based retailers to countries outside of the European Union might have ruined one of my favourite hobbies. I was in the middle of building a Grey Knight army, and I was planning on getting a bunch of vehicles and Dreadnoughts to accompany the infantry I already pre-ordered. The best source for models, being from Canada, was Maelstrom Games. Now I can't buy GW products from them starting May 31st.

Now I'm forced to buy from the States, get raped by shipping, and throwing price increases on top. It sounds like my Grey Knights might be put on hold indefinitely.

I wish GW would adopt sales policies similar to Privateer Press' - get as much out to customers as possible with little hassle and butt fuckery. This is especially unfortunate as The Boy and two of our gaming buddies were looking to start new armies. It might be time to introduce Warmahordes to the gents and play like we have a pair.

This will probably change GW store atmospheres, as more product will need to leave if the store if sales do start dropping because of price increases and cutting of UK sales. This blows, as I really like the staff at my local GW and to have it feel like I'm constantly being pressured to buy shit will make my visits even more infrequent.

Looks like I'm going to start up my Retribution army again.

No comments:

Post a Comment